Lions 'We Serve' Scholarship
The Cranbury Lions administers a scholarship in the
name of the Lions motto, "We Serve." It is awarded annually to a high
school senior who is in financial need, has a high scholastic standing,
exhibits qualities of leadership and character, is accomplished in
extra-curricular activities and has a high promise of service and
usefulness. The eligibility requirements, application process and
other information about the scholarship are as follows:
- Candidates must reside in Cranbury.
- Candidates must be a high school senior accepted into an accredited
post high school program. This program may be academic or occupational.
- Candidates must have a financial need, have a high scholastic
standing, unusual qualities of leadership and character, accomplished
in extra-curricular activities and have a high promise of service and
- Application will be mailed by April 15, and sent to:
Cranbury Lions - Scholarship and Award Selection Committee
P.O. Box 365
Cranbury, NJ 08512
- The application will include where the scholarship will be used.
- A one-page essay (choose one)
Detailing why the candidate should be considered - or -
Explaining your future aspirations and hopes of study
- Two recommendation letters are also required.
One will be from a teacher.
One will be from other school staff or
source outside of school, such as clergy, youth leader, or employer.
The Scholarship Award
- A final candidate shall be chosen and agreed upon by the Scholarship and Award Selection
Committee. This final candidate shall be presented to the Cranbury Lions Board of
Directors no later than the May Board of Directors Meeting for final approval.
- The recipient shall receive the amount of $1000.
- The Honoree, and his or her Parents, will be invited to attend a
Lions Meeting, where the scholarship will be presented.
The first 'We Serve' Scholarship was presented in 2015.